Using the metro helps save a lot of time otherwise spent in traffic jams. When you’re heading to work, this makes all the difference. What if we told you that you could take your metro commute to a whole other level? Here are five pro tips for you:
- Get a metro card — Instead of waiting in line twice a day, get yourself a metro card. This can help you save time and money. Especially during peak hours when the queue at the ticket counter is exceptionally long!
- Plan ahead — A well-planned commute is a simpler commute. You can plan your commute by checking metro timings online and avoiding long wait times. You could also get into the compartment that gives you the quickest exit at your destination.
- Keep yourself occupied — When you have a long commute to work, it can feel like you’re using a lot of time. Not if you use that time to unwind, upskill or catch up on work. Find something to do during your commute. You could listen to a podcast/your favourite music, read a book, watch a movie, play a game or even respond to e-mails.
- Wear comfortable shoes — Commuting generally involves a certain amount of walking. Plus, you never know if you’re going to get a seat on the metro. It’s best to wear comfortable shoes while commuting to avoid inevitable aches and pains later. If needed, you can also carry another pair of shoes for work.
- Carry change — Carrying loose change is essential while commuting. You might need some to top up your metro card, pay for parking, or to pick up a snack. Inevitably, most of these counters are always out of change. Avoid losing time by equipping yourself with coins and small notes.
In addition to this, it’s important to set up your e-payments and e-wallets. These are widely accepted now, and will definitely make your life easier.
Last but not least, make sure you have the Tummoc app on your phone! With Tummoc, you can find accurate public transport information, plan your commute & make your life a whole lot easier.
What are the biggest challenges you face as a commuter? Tell us, and we’ll work towards giving you a solution!