The Hyderabad Metro is the second-largest metro network in India, after Delhi. Almost 5 lakh commuters ride on this metro network on a daily basis. If you are one of those commuters or you plan to be, here are some things you should know for a smoother commute:
- Metro Smart Cards — For a quick and seamless commute, you can get a Hyderabad Metro Rail Smart Card. You can buy one for only Rs 100 at the ticket counters at any Hyderabad Metro Station. Half of this amount, i.e. Rs 50 is set aside for a one-time security deposit and is non-refundable. You can recharge the smart card for multiples of Rs 50 any amount up to Rs 3000. The best part is that you can save 10% on your metro travel with a smart card.
- Timings — As of November 10th, 2021, the Hyderabad Metro Rail functions from 6 am till 10.15 pm. This means that the first trains will leave the origin stations on each line at 6 am in the mornings. The last trains will leave at 10.15 to reach their destinations at approximately 11.15 pm.
- Metro Suvarna Offers — These are festive deals offered by the Hyderabad Metro authorities for all metro commuters. The offers began in October 2021 and will run until January 2022. There are three deals under the Metro Suvarna Offers — one for special fares on the Green Line of the Hyderabad Metro, one giving a discount on smart cards, and one a lucky draw. Find out more about these deals here.
- Dedicated Seating — The Hyderabad Metro offers dedicated seating for senior citizens, pregnant women and passengers using wheelchairs. So, if you fall under any of these categories, you have a dedicated seat on the metro. And if you see any other passengers who fall under these categories, then let them know about these measures. Plus, there’s also a dedicated coach for women passengers on all metro trains.
- Parking Facilities — All Hyderabad Metro Rail Stations have parking facilities available for commuters. There’s affordable parking available for both two-wheelers and four-wheelers. Parking for two-wheelers costs Rs 5 for up to two hours and Rs 2/hour for every additional hour. Parking for four-wheelers costs Rs 10 for the first two hours and Rs 5/hour for every additional hour. Make sure to hold on to your parking ticket, because there’s a fine for losing it.
- #TummocIt! — Access online metro timings with ease on the Tummoc App. It’s the easiest online metro status app in Hyderabad. You can check Hyderbad metro timings, fares, routes as well all Hyderabad bus information. Not to forget that Tummoc is one of the top ride-hailing apps because you can book an auto or cab with ease for your first or last mile, thanks to our collaboration with Rapido.
We hope this article helps you have an easier metro commute. Don’t forget to download Tummoc to access online metro timings and the online metro status app in Hyderabad.
What’s your favourite and least favourite part about the Hyderabad Metro? Let us know in the comments!