Bangalore’s MG Road is always buzzing with people and energy. With Brigade Road, Church Street, Commercial Street, Residency Road and Garuda Mall just around the corner, there’s so much to do! Here are Tummoc’s top suggestions for things to do around MG Road Metro Station:
Visit Cubbon Park — A paradise in the middle of the city. Cubbon Park is just a short walk from MG Road Metro Station. You could also make your walk shorter by taking the metro to the next stop (Cubbon Park Metro Station). Play games, have a picnic, or just enjoy the view! You could also check out the aquarium or museum next door!
- Go bowling or watch a film — If you have some time on your hands and you’re looking for some entertainment, then you can go bowling or catch the latest flick. You can go bowling or play arcade games at Amoeba on Church Street. If you’re looking to watch a film, Swagath Shankarnag is a hop, skip and jump from the metro station. You could also take a walk/auto to Garuda Mall to watch one at INOX.
- Explore all the bookstores — Between Brigade Road, Church Street and MG Road, there are enough bookstores to keep you busy for days. Blossom Book House, Bookworm, Goobe’s and Select Book Shop are some stores that sell both new and used books. You’re sure to bag some great books, magazines, comics and more at these locations. There are also stores like Gangaram’s and Higginbothams selling only new books where you’re sure to get all the new releases.
- Shop till you drop — Looking to shop? You’re at the right place! If Brigade Road, Church Street, MG Road aren’t enough, Commercial Street is just a short walk or bus/auto ride away! You’re sure to find everything that you’re looking for.
- Refuel with caffeine — Need to recharge? Then you can head on over to one of the many cafés around MG Road! There are at least 3 different Café Coffee Day outlets nearby. On Church Street, some cafés you can find are Indian Coffee House, Matteo Coffea and Starbucks. On Brigade Road, a few great options are The Flying Squirrel at Samsung Opera House, Hatti Kaapi or Kumbakonam Degree Coffee.
- Eat, drink and be merry — North Indian, South Indian, Chinese, Italian, American, Continental — You name it, and you’ll find it near MG Road. Plus, so many bars and pubs we can’t even count! There’s something for every mood and budget. Plus, there’s also a whole bunch of street food options.
Other than this, you can hop right back onto the Metro and explore other areas of Bangalore! If you’re looking for a Bangalore metro ticket booking app, don’t forget to use Tummoc for a smart commute like no other!
Which area would you like us to cover next time? Tell us in the comments!