Travelling in Delhi can be a daunting and amazing experience at the same time and as a tourist, it can be overwhelming. To help you navigate the city with ease, we’ve put together a list of five tips for you:
- Smart Cards and Tickets: To save time and avoid the hassle of purchasing individual tickets for each journey, it’s recommended to use a smart card, such as a Delhi Metro card. These cards can be recharged with credit and used across different modes of transport. For DTC buses, you can book your tickets online on Tummoc and even get pink tickets for women.
- Peak Hours and Rush: Delhi’s public transport can get crowded, especially during peak hours in the morning and evening. To have a more comfortable journey, try to plan your travel outside of these times. Delhi Metro also has women-only compartments for added comfort and security. You can check and plan your journey on the Tummoc app. Additionally, you can also use Tummoc to book taxis and autos.
- Safety and Precautions: Delhi’s public transport is generally safe, but it’s advisable to take some precautions. Keep an eye on your belongings, especially in crowded areas. Negotiate the fare or insist on the meter when using auto-rickshaws or cycle rickshaws. Using official transport services or apps can help ensure a safer experience.
- Routes and Maps: Obtain route maps and information about the various transport options. The Delhi Metro has different lines covering different parts of the city, while buses have numerous routes. Tummoc allows you to track your DTC bus, find the best routes, and find metro and bus timings and routes.
- Change: Always carry extra change, especially for the first and last mile, as UPI is not widely accepted. Of course, for your DTC travels, you can book your tickets online on Tummoc.
Well, we hope these tips help you travel with ease through Delhi! For more content like this, follow us on social media and keep an eye out for our latest blogs.
If you haven’t used Tummoc, download it here.