Koramangala is one of Namma Bengaluru’s happening hangout spots. With an abundance of restaurants, cafés, bars and unique ways to spend some time — it’s tough to narrow down a list of five things to do in Koramangala. So, if you show us enough love for this blog, maybe we’ll write a second part. Deal?
Let’s get down to it. Here are five things to do when you’re in Koramangala:
- Dyu Art Café: This café set up in a beautiful old bungalow is one of Koramangala’s—nay, Bangalore’s—all-time favourites. Sit back, grab a book, and enjoy the great food and even better ambience! If you have a sweet tooth, you have got to try the banoffee or chocolate pie. And if it’s something savoury you’re craving, order a plate of pasta or the margarita pizza.
- Bistro Claytopia: It’s a bistro! It’s a pottery studio! Well, it’s both. That’s right—at Bistro Claytopia, you can enjoy a great meal as well as have fun decorating all sorts of clay pieces. From mugs to trinket boxes to cute little showpieces—you’ll get a souvenir from your visit. However, keep in mind that you’ll have to come back at a later date to pick it up after they glaze and fire it up!
- Forum Mall: Head to Forum Mall if you’re looking to shop or even just do some window shopping. You’ll find all the popular Indian and multinational brands here. There are also other things to do like play games at the arcade, watch a movie, or grab a bite at the food court and various standalone restaurants.
- The Book Fair: Koramangala is home to a year-long book fair where you can score all sorts of books at a great price. Located at the start of the 6th Block 60 feet road, this fair can be a treasure trove for some great finds. Go in with plenty of patience, and a bag to carry back all the books you’re definitely going to buy.
- Kappa Chakka Kandhari: This one’s a must-visit for all the foodies out there. Kappa Chakka Kandhari is a popular fine-dining restaurant that serves Malayalee food that’s to die for. They have several vegetarian and non-vegetarian set menus for you to choose from. If you go with a group, we’d suggest everyone picks different set menus so you can try a bit of everything!
And those are our five recommendations for things to do in Koramangala. If you would like us to write a part 2 to this recommendation list, then tag us on social media or comment below!
If you’re looking for the best way to get to Koramangala, public transport in Bangalore is economical and planet-friendly. The Bangalore metro and BMTC buses will get you from anywhere to anywhere. Not to forget that it’s hassle-free with Tummoc. You can buy your BMTC bus passes online, check Bangalore metro timings, BMTC bus routes and more. You can use it as your own Bangalore metro app or BMTC app. To top it all off, we’ve tied up with Rapido to offer easy first and last-mile connectivity in Bengaluru.
Happy commuting, happy exploring! 🙂