Whether you’re heading to work or to catch up with friends, commutes can get boring. Especially if you’ve got a long distance to cover. And when you have a commute buddy like Tummoc, you’ll have even more time on your hands!
Here are some things you can do to keep yourself occupied:
1. Take a nap — Why not? If you’ve got a seat, and somewhere to rest your head, go for it! But, make sure you don’t oversleep. You don’t want to end up missing your bus/metro stop. So, just take a quick power nap. 🙂 If you don’t want to take a nap, just close your eyes and meditate.
2. Listen to a podcast — Podcasts are a great source of entertainment and information. The best part about them is that you don’t need to be glued to your screen. Since they’re primarily audio-based, you can listen to a great podcast while being aware of your surroundings.
Need podcast recommendations? Here’s a list of recommendations we’ve compiled for you! 17 Podcasts to Listen to While Commuting
3. Learn something new — We’re living in a digital world today. There is no limit to the information we have access to. There is an abundance of online courses, workshops, tutorials and more that you can access from anywhere! You can use your commutes to learn everything from Japanese to Machine Learning.
4. Listen to music — Keep it simple. Put on your favourite tunes and enjoy the view. It’s a great way to tune out, while also being aware of where you are & what’s happening. Whether you’re in the mood for some heavy metal or old Bollywood songs, you’ll be able to access everything online.
Here are some of the top music streaming apps in India — 9 Best Music Apps to Use While Commuting
5. Read a book — Are you a bookworm? Or trying to cultivate a reading habit? Carry a book along with you while you’re commuting. Or if that’s a hassle, then just read an e-book! Get transported to another world with a novel. Or maybe find your daily dose of inspiration from an autobiography. Whatever you read, your commute will be over before you even know it.
6. Organise your phone! — Use this opportunity to clean up your phone! Of course, you can’t do this every day. But, it’ll definitely keep you occupied on a few commutes. How can you organise your phone?
- Delete unwanted photographs or screenshots.
- Make sure your phone is backed up.
- Go through all your apps and uninstall the ones you don’t use much.
- Rearrange your home screen to make your favourite apps easy to access.
7. Plan your day — Use the time to figure out everything you need to get done in the day. Or plan the next day! Maybe even plan your entire week. From sending emails to making to-do lists. You can get a lot of these little tasks out of the way during your commute.
8. Play a game! — Have a commute buddy? Play a game with them! It can be anything. You can make up a game, or play a classic like Atlas or 21 Questions.
If you’re on your own, you could play a game on your phone. There are games for everyone. From puzzles to shooting games, you’re sure to find something you’ll love.
We’ve put together a list of mobile game recommendations for you! 20 Mobile Games to Play When You’re Bored on the Bus
9. Watch a movie or show — You can access movies and shows of any genre and any language right from your phone. So, you can use your commute to catch up on your favourite movies and shows. Many streaming platforms also allow you to download these for offline watching. That way, you don’t have to worry about using too much data.
Looking for the best OTT/Streaming Platform for yourself? Check this one — 12 OTT Platforms to Use While Commuting in India
10. Catch up on the news — Most of us have switched from reading newspapers to getting our dose of current affairs online. Use this time to catch up on what’s happening in the world.
We hope this list helps make your commute more fun, productive or educational!
Download Tummoc for a super smooth commute. Access accurate public transport information and plan your entire commute. Trust us, it’s life-changing!
How do you keep yourself occupied while commuting? Let us know below!